cheap obd2 scanner

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Fri Aug 31 03:20:50 GMT 2001

     Is the use of IEEE1394  to communicate with a Vehicle PC kin to
     Killing gnats with a sledge hammer ?  OBD2 protocol is kinda like
     a slug in comparison. I believe you're still going to need to do
     some xlat from Pc serial across the OBD2 Physical and Hardware Layers .
      It takes a dedicated chip  for this work . GM VPW is a deterministic
system
      with many Nodes that require Arbitration of commands and responses.
      Work on IOCTL will be very handy indeed . [ and very necessary].
      What ever has been learned about the old 8192 Uart is out the window
      with J1850 VPW.
      Len