TPS voltage and ECM interpretation

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Fri Aug 31 21:06:46 GMT 2001

Sorta, kinda depends upon which routine wants to know if the engine is
at idle. Typically idle is defined as having the TPS below a certain value
along with the vehicle speed below a certain value. (IE: < 1.4% TPS
and < 2 MPH).

For idle speed control typically the vehicle road speed must be 0. Some
ECMs have separate idle speed tables for drive vs pk/neut. Others just
bump the IAC when placed into drive.

If the VSS is non-operable then no idle speed control either.

BobR.