HELP?!?!? Fuel Injector Spraying allover....

AntiVenmVette007 at aol.com AntiVenmVette007 at aol.com
Fri Aug 31 22:27:06 GMT 2001

In a message dated 08/31/2001 2:40:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sabatine at epix.net writes:

> Little metal circle near the plug. HuH ?
>        Maybe you are referring to the injector BODY ?

YES!! There is a little hole in the black coating on each injector. This is
where the bad one is literally SPRAYING the injictor next to it!! Ill take a
dig. pic tonight when I get home from work. I talked to the Vette Techs at
Chevy and pointed out the little circle thing on an '87 they had there and he
said the same thing my dad did "never seen that before,huh huh". The problem
is im not rich at the moment (ya,ever) and the Bosch Inj.s are $120 each and
the cheapos are $90!! I can get really cheap ones from the local parts store
for $34.99 +10% Disc. Since my plans for the motor dictate the need for
larger Injectors (down the road that is) I dont wanna spend a Pretty penny on
stock ones just to turn around and replace ALL of them in a couple
months...WHeeew sorry bout all that. Gotta go, will post pics tonight. Thanks
for the quick response everybody.
   Justin