700r4 Trans

Keith kgil1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jan 7 05:39:23 GMT 2001

I put a 200 4R behind my 75 Olds 455 with about 400hp and 500ft/lbs.
I haven't really driven it that hard yet but the guy that built it says
it should hold.
It bolted right up to the Olds motor with some unused extra bolt holes,
for the chevy pattern.
I'll let ya know how it holds up.
Keith

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> All 200R4s, have a dual mounting pattern, corporate, and Chevy.
> Bruce
>
> > Coincidentally enough, I have a '75 vette with TPI, also.  I also have a
> > front seal leak (I think) in the TH400 tranny.  The idea of replacing the
> 400
> > with a 700 crossed my mind, too.
> > About the 200r4:  Do any of them come with a chevy bolt pattern?  I never
> > thought of using one of them, but they must be decent if they can push a
> > turbo regal down the 1/4 in 9 sec. reliably!  And I guess there must be a
> > bunch of hi-po stuff available for them.
> > What would be involved in mating one to a SBC?  Has anyone done this?
> > (Not really EFI related, I know)
> >
> > Ted

Keith Gill F.A.S.T.
Riverview, FL