Accel injectors

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Mon Jan 8 04:02:58 GMT 2001

Sooooory.. I have different info and I'll make one more pass standing behind
the statement.
I understand GM changed the base FP for the TPI cars at some point from
sub-40 to the 43.5.

Here: I got this somewhere... (sorry author)

"The 5.0L injector is sized to deliver approximately 4.05 milligrams
of fuel with a 2.5 millisecond pulse or 18.13 lbs per hr at approximately
36 PSI. The 5.7L injector is sized to deliver approximately 4.83 milligrams
of fuel with a 2.5 millisecond pulse or 23.92 lbs per hr at approximately
43.5 PSI."

Theres an issue as to wether this is the way they actually rates them. If
the early 305 TPI cars use 39 psi that might be the 19# rating.

Someone straighten me out if I am giving incorrect info to lurking FI tuner
vendors ;-P

P.S. heres info for converting to higher pressures:
New Inj Flow Rate = Old Flow Rate * SqareRoot(NewPressure / OldPressure)
Courtesy, of coarse, of someone elses useful posting.