removing prom from memcal

ae2598 at wayne.edu ae2598 at wayne.edu
Mon Jan 8 16:17:23 GMT 2001

I'm not trying to imply that you don't have a valid reason for doing
this, but what is your reasoning for R&Ring the chip?  Is is fried?

If the chip is confirmed DOA, I've heard the best thing to do is cut the
legs off the chip, and pull the leads one by one.  You could do this with
a solder-wick, or a vacuum desolderer.  As far as putting a new one in,
you're planning on soldering a socket to the carrier, I trust?