Indexing Plugs?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jan 9 14:33:00 GMT 2001

The short answer is yes.
Is this a 160dF operating temp car?.
The utter blackness in just one *spot* would indicate to me that it's
probably very rich, and or a timing problem at WOT.  The Ash or Crustyness
at the perimeter of the steel part of the plug exposed to the chamber is
kinda a concern.  Again the black may be more *black* from additives, but
there is no tint of anyother color that I can see.
  IF this is a street car, with a DOY calibration, and a 160 stat, I'd
suggest backing up, and retrying the final tune,  almost looks like too
large of a change was made, or slipped past optimum.
  If a desposible go for broke, just ignore the above
Bruce