Barry Grant Fuel Injection?

ae2598 at wayne.edu ae2598 at wayne.edu
Thu Jan 11 16:50:36 GMT 2001

Looked at that BG setup, what am I missing.. Where's the INJECTORS?!  Is
this not just a tricked out dominator with feedback controls?

> >   What BG says on that page is exactly true, the longer the fuel
> >droplets have to travel before reaching the combustion chamber, and
> >the faster they travel getting there, the better the atomization.
I'm no expert in thie field, but wouldn't it be the other way around?  The
farther you go, wouldn't you suffer from cumulative effects of fuel
condensing on the intake walls?  FASTER is better, but longer=faster is an
incorrect belief.

> >Also, reducing the pressure around a fuel droplet helps the droplet to
> >break apart more, like just below a venturi.
Agreed, but once you get past the venturi, you're back near the same
pressure you started at, no?  So the further you go, the longer the
atomized fuel is subjected to the pressures that caused to condense in the
first place, which would diminish the benefits of the venturi!

> >   **Keeping** the fuel suspended is the tricky part, and has
> >everything to do with manifold design.
True, which is why the trend is toward DRY manifolds, which avoid (mostly)
that tricky part!

Maybe the solution is to design the port injector nozzles in such a way
that they leave the injector through a venturi.  That way, you'd get the
beneficial vaporizing effect, and minimal time/distance for the fuel to
re-condense.

If the above logic is flawed, please comment.. I suspect that people are
being taken in by clever advertising with little basis in science!