730 and Fan request drive circuit/

Vinnie Moscaritolo vinnie at vmeng.com
Tue Jan 16 16:55:02 GMT 2001

I am trying to make setup my electric fan that I use in conjunction
with the 730 ECU be a bit more controllable. I wish to turn on the
fan relay by command.

I would seem that I could use the FAN REQUEST signal at D12, but this
doesn't seem to activate the fan at all times.

Then I though about maybe grounding the COOLING FAN signal at E8 of
the ECU,  but I am concerned the DELCO 16042368 which drives this
signal...  does anyone know what the characteristics of this chip is?
can you ground the output pins  without risking failure, or do I need
to attach a couple of diodes?

anyone know?