LT1 plenum update

rahmrh at cableone.net rahmrh at cableone.net
Tue Jan 16 18:45:48 GMT 2001

>I'll be perfectly honest here and say I don't know.  I'm >doing this
>mostly as an experiment cause the electrical analogies I can >make to
>it tell me it'll work.  Most of the ME classes I took had >clear
>counterparts in the EE world, so I've learned to see the >similarities
>and try to use them to guide me.

Bigger capacitor.   I am also a EE, It did not occur to me
that the intake was acting as a capacitor.   I would think
it would be more of an issue in lower MAP pressures (ie idle
and part throttle).   I guess it would be interesting to
have a map sensors that worked at higher frequencies so
you could see if the pressures was changing substantially
over a engine cycle.

What are you going to do to the intake to increase the capacity?

>I can tell you that my LT1 with the LT4 HOT cam has the >same problem.
>I'm still trying to figure out an approach to solving it - >having the
>car in storage right now isn't helping!<g>

I had my previous motor (350 with a 224/236-114 cam) idleing
fairly decent with no obvious splitting of the BLM's.

My motor sucks the gas around town (10mpg) but does reasonable on the highway (18mpg), and I know right now
it needs quite a bit less fuel at low throttle, the next
chip is going to be taking out quite a bit of fuel down low.
The higher throttle positions are just fine.

		Roger