Speed sensor for 1995 TBI

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Thu Jan 18 19:03:08 GMT 2001

Hope someone can help with this. I want to use a 1995 TBI ECM 16197427 $0D.
The problem is the speed value comes from a DRAC which I read in my
Jagsthatrun book gets its signal from a 40 pulse per rev reluctor in the
4L60E trans. The basic question is whether the DRAC is passing the 82,000
pulse per mile signal directly to the ECM or is it dividing this signal down
into something more like 4000 or 2000 pulse per mile. I called JTR and they
didn't know. I can always drop back down to a 7747, but it would be really
nice to use the later ECM. Thanks, JW.