VE and BLM cell edges

rrauscher at nni.com rrauscher at nni.com
Fri Jan 19 13:01:20 GMT 2001

It is the idle cell. Some ecm's do it differently, the one
talked about here uses cell 4 whenever it thinks it is in idle.

If the car is not moving, must be at idle. Or so the ecm thinks.
The ecm will then lock into the idle cell. This prevents the
cell to use from changing due to map fluctuations. Same deal
with the closed throttle SA table. Prevents things from moving
around too much.

On a heavily cammed engine, it can be a good idea to change
which cell the ecm uses for the idle cell. Otherwise the cell
to use can 'jump' the instant the car starts to move.

BobR.