VE and BLM cell edges

rrauscher at nni.com rrauscher at nni.com
Fri Jan 19 18:07:22 GMT 2001

Dave, BW & others (can't keep track, up to 62 emails just
today),

Something kept bothering me about it being in idle. Another
ecm uses tps < 1.5% and mph < 4 to be in idle. Has to be
less then both the tps% & mph to be in idle. So, I would
have thought that by hitting the gas the ecm would leave
idle, along with the idle cell.

So, I did a little more research (can't help myself). On the
$8D mask, ANHT, idle cell 4 is tied to whether the canister
purge is less than a certain amount. Hmm, interesting. Once
ccp is greater than xx @ $8522, then the ecm no longer locks
to the idle cell.

However, some of the canister purge qualifications are very
similar to what would be idle: if tps% < 3% or mph < 1.8, then
no canister purge. Then cell 4 is selected. There are some
other quals such as coolant temp and map (set to 0).

The most interesting are the blm and int quals. If either of
these drop too low (107 & 90 respect) then purge can be either reduced or stopped
altogether. There are even option bits
at $8016 that can cause open loop purge along with disabling
the low tps% purge.

So looks like not only is the vss required, but don't mess with
the ccp quals and disable it.

This is one complex ecm/mask, no doubt about it! Every time I
look at the anht code I keep thinking about how I like that
simple '747.

BobR.