VE and BLM cell edges

OneSS2NV at aol.com OneSS2NV at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 18:29:21 GMT 2001

JW wrote:

<<I was only saying that I also have had my system stick in cell 4 but I've had a working VSS on my TPI the whole time. I was just suggesting that the lack of a VSS may not be the cause of the ECM staying in cell 4. But I could be wrong since my VSS is aftermarket. >>

I just had to chime in on this as well.  If the VSS is not working, you should also get a "Check Engine" light come on.  When we first did the TPI conversion ('87 F-body wiring harness into an '85 carbed G-body), it happened to us.  We had the VSS wired wrong, and the light came on afer driving for a few miles.  I guess the computer was upset that the engine RPMs were on the move but wasn't registering a speed (we were driving with a SnapOn Scantool hooked up).  Once we got back to the shop and looked at the diagrams, we found the problem, fixed it, and haven't seen a code in 5500 miles. :)

   SSeeya,
     Steve Ragusa
     North Jersey
   '85 TPI Monte SS