Plenums

Jeremy Gonyou jgonyou at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 20 04:35:17 GMT 2001

I believe that there is a scientific answer for all this...but only the
Germans truely know it.  AFAIK, it's all about the Helmholtz effect.
Consider the intake air as a mass-spring system.  A pressure wave rebounding
from a closed valve is the mass.  The volume of air in the plenum is the
spring.  My understanding is that the plenum will be sized to best
accomodate the Helmholtz effect, making sure that the pressure wave returns
to an opening valve.  TPI is the name of the game, right?  *Tuned* port
injection?

Jeremy