Looking for a date for the gmecm eeprom

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Sun Jan 21 22:36:52 GMT 2001

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> Has anyone done any work with eeprom applications?  I know the 92-94
> Cavalier 2.2l is one of these.

I bought a couple of those Cavalier ECMs and read them out through
the ALDL.  They have no PROM at all in these things, and are set up
as a single chip controller.   A really "inexpensive" ECM, one could
say.  But, they spit out everything they had in them, both code in
ROM and the EEPROM area.

> I'm interested in reprogramming one of these ecm's through the ALDL,
> as GM does, and I'm looking for software to do it.

That I don't have.  But I assume it could be written fairly easily.  I
don't *think* you can screw it up, as the code is all in ROM.  Just the
EEPROM can be written.

Got a GM tool that can reprogram it?  Just record what it does with a
monitor like g-car.

Scot Sealander