Crooked Dealer?

Jeremy Gonyou jgonyou at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 25 21:07:42 GMT 2001

Short:
Can anyone tell me if a DIS will fire if the ECM doesn't have power?

Long:
Someone tried to steal my car.  The dealer is putting a column in, but it
won't start.  I can't get codes and I don't hear the fuel pump kick on.  I
say the ECM doesn't have power.  Dealer says that the fuel pump is bad.  The
car will start with carb cleaner.  The anwser to the question above will
help me determine if this guy is trying to screw me for $600 worth of fuel
pump.

Thanks,

Jeremy