Suggestions

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jan 26 19:35:43 GMT 2001

> This is the whole reason for the story in mopar action.  I did the work on
> a single plane manifold I got for FREE, and then modified it for about
700.
> -, that is including the injectors rails sensors, throttle body etc.  So
if
> you want to be technical, I spent 700+800+200 = 1700.

In other words you only spent about $1200 more then you needed to.

-  when you would
> spend about 3200/ with sensors.  The super ram is way overpriced for the
> benefit of the ram effect, I can think of a lot of better ways to spend it

Any facts?.  Or just hype?.
If plenum volume isn't an issue with you well, I'm baffled as what to say.

> But, then again, I think the beginning of this thread was a guy looking
for
> info on various ways to run specified camshaft, he did not say the
cheapest
> way, so who cares how much things cost,

Guess ya missed the DIY, part.
Since you seem to have an unlimited cash supply how about funding a few
projects for me?.   Who cares?,  other then folks that get donated parts,
every one does.   Amazing how the magazines think everyone is independently
wealthy and just waiting to throw money at vendors.    For the 800 or what
ever number you want to pick, I can make more HP using that with an oem ecm,
and going from there.

 just be helpful in providing all
> information routes and let the requester choose the right way for himself,
> isn't that what a mailing list is for?

While *we* go off on tangents, rather frequently, this list exists for a
specific reason.
Your information so far seems to be I only spent $1000, for an ecm.
An individual has to make up his mind about his goals, and then work on what
to do.
Best info for a guy is in fact reading the archives, and devoting some time
to learning what options are around.
Bruce