GM Fuel Pump control scheme

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 27 07:25:03 GMT 2001

This is what i thought but then it can be said that if the CPU is
controlling the fuel pump, it certainly knows if the engine is running or
not & can turn off the pump.  I always thought that the oil pressure switch
was in series with the fuel pump relay for the shut down & that the relay
gets its power from the Ign. switch but i just checked the diagram in my
manual & that is not the case & they are certainly in parallel.

limp home mode sounds most plausible to me, but how does it get the motor
started?  no oil pressure no fuel, no fuel no oil pressure.

BW

--- Bob Wooten
--- r71chevy at earthlink.net
--- www.r71camaro.homestead.com