749 & P4 doc...

BT btisdale at cybersol.com
Sat Jan 27 14:58:28 GMT 2001

Gentlemen -

I'm trying to understand more fully some of the functions of a couple of
items in the P4 doc relative to the SyTy 749 ECM - any help really
appreciated!

Asynchronous Fuel Delivery - supposedly, the sum of two registers
(accumulators) - the ALDL data stream reports this value, in ms.
Graphically, I see asynchronous fuel delivery events (as on opening
throttle), but then the ALDL value will remain constant and non-zero
between events.  Section 2.3.1 of the P4 is missing a few words, so's I'm
not clear on how/what's happening.  Any helpful info here?

High Engine Load Fuel Shutoff - 2.4.3 - when MAP exceeds KWGMAPH, I assume
fuel delivery is cut; when MAP falls below KWGMAPL, its resumed.  Is there
a time factor here?  I'm trying to get a "staging rev/boost limiter", and
find that as soon as the HI kPa is hit, the engine dies - fuel apparently
not resumed too quickly.  There's a time factor, High Load Fuel Shutoff
Time @ 0x3A2, normally 2 seconds that I've set to zero seconds without
result.  Seems the engine should "stutter" between the two values, HI and
LO, which are set very close together.  Doesn't work.

Thanks much - Barry