Lots of questions about Saturn PCMs

Gary A. Allen, Jr. gallen8 at attglobal.net
Mon Jan 29 06:23:30 GMT 2001

Shannen,

Thank you for replying to my earlier posting.  In it you said:

>You pcm's part number is the service number.  I can't see your label, but it's
most likey
>21023810.  The "master" calibration is probably 21008768.  Within that master
calibration there are
>often  several calibration files.  For one calibration we find:   21008881;
>
>Automatic Transmission Contains:
>21008878
>21008879
>21008831
>21008868
>21008651

My PCM label has roughly the following appearance:

+ -----------------------------
|   21008768                               21023810
|   AUTOMATIC               SERVICE NO.
|   POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE
|                           [bar code]
|               *868768M172558G7J*

Therefore based upon what you say, my PCM's service/part number is:  21023810
and it's "master" calibration is  21008768.  I have not seen any of the other
numbers
that you listed (probably looking in the wrong places).  I assume that the number

" 868768M172558G7" is my PCM's unique serial number.  Should that number also
be visible in the PCM's memory?  Thanks for your help.

                                                  Gary