GM Fuel Pump control scheme

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Mon Jan 29 06:47:20 GMT 2001

Yikes, I started a monster with this.    My Cutlass doesn't run a OP
switch, and I've never had a problem either.   I ran a few miles in limp
home, no problem with FP tho...  This was with a '730, V8 memcal.

Limp home mode was caused due to flashlight falling off seat onto ECM thus
knocking exposed eprom in ZIFF socket out of socket, while spilling cup of
coffee into ECM in attempt to grab said flashlight .     Hope someone gets
a laugh out of this.  Wasn't very funny in East Nowheresville, PA at 1am,
on the way to the efi pow-wow last year.  Spare ECM got me out of that jam.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com

(on the way to the efi pow-wow no less....