GM Fuel Pump control scheme

ae2598 at wayne.edu ae2598 at wayne.edu
Mon Jan 29 14:01:54 GMT 2001

Well, its for the "limp home" mode of the monojet carb, of course! :)

I'll have to look at my vega wiring diagrams, I would've sworn the in-tank
pump runs whenever you've got the key in the run position.  'Cept of
course on the cosworth, where the ECM closes the relay.  Incidentally, it
was a common problem for the fuel pump relay to stick closed on cozzies..
You could sometimes open the contacts by slamming the hood, or pounding on
the cowl near where the relay is mounted.  Mine would do it too, you'd
walk away from the car and come back 1/2 hour later to the pump still
running..