GM Fuel Pump control scheme

Craig Marcho marcho at flash.net
Mon Jan 29 14:12:45 GMT 2001

> so hence it is totally computer controlled.. from the Camira schematic.
the
> oil pressure switch is a simple bypass feature if the fuel pump relay
> dies... ie the car will start once oil pressure is reached...

Actually, I think it goes like this: If the oil pressure switch does not
come on due to no oil pressure, then the fuel pump relays will not stay on,
to keep the motor from running with no oil pressure. If the fuel pump relay
dies, the car will not run, oil pressure or not..... at least that's how it
works on my car ('85 L98)!

Craig M.