VE Tables or AFR Tables..

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Sat Jan 27 22:12:47 GMT 2001

>Nearly right Ross , the ecu only BLM when the ecu is commanded a
>stoichiometric A/F (otherwise it ignores the o2 sensor) , when mapping I
try
>and set the whole A/F table to 14.7 then adjust VE,s so that the engine is
>running in closed loop everywhere ( and BLM stay at 128) , then set the A/F
>ratios for max power under high load conditions.
>
>The ecu uses the lookup VE table in the fuel calculation
>  BPW = voleff*catinv*mapkpa*bpwcon/afr
>
>Daniel Collins
>Downunder

O.K, I've read this a few times, I'm still not 100%, hey it's a 3 day
weekend, too many southern and cokes!.
So, the ECM only refers to the AFR table in closed loop, and will try to
achieve that value (by adjusting the BLM's) regardless of the VE% figure?.
However if the VE% is too high/low it will eventually set a lean/rich code
as it's maxed out the BLM's.
However in Open Loop the AFR table is ignored?. Which seems odd if thats he
case, some of the AFR table extends into the 100kPa region which I thought
would be well out of C.L.

Ross Myers