Test of ARAP.... was 165 MAF computer

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Tue Jul 3 16:31:03 GMT 2001

First, I don't really know what the timing was since this chip had more WOT
timing but less main timing.  Upper rpm felt good but my butt-o-meter is not
a good reference.  I need to do a "dyno-run" to really compare.  I think I
may start my tuning by setting the WOT spark table to 0 for 3200 and 4800
rpm and see what happens.  But the 730 is fast approaching, once I get this
dang vacation out of the way!!!

The motor happily pulls to 6k... just not very fast.  When using the street
dyno software the torque curve is virtually flat from 2000-ish to 4000-ish
rpm then drops off.  For reference, below are some points from my last "dyno
run".  I edited the list to make it as short as possible.  They are rpm,
torque in ft-lbs.  A stump-pulling, heart-stopping, axle-snapping peak
torque of 250 ft-lbs!!!  I typically do NOT use the s/w's features for
correcting for unknown frictioncal losses, and I leave the SAE correction
parameters the same, factor now is 1.024.  Also note this (I believe was
done in 1st gear, 2nd gear raises it 5-10ft-lbs, and I don't have 3rd gear
data.)  Also, for reference, the Dyno2000 program reports flywheel torque
well over 400ft-lbs.  As I said, I got some work to do.

1820,211
1910,226
2010,232
2110,235