Vortec Ignition Module

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Mon Jul 9 22:38:10 GMT 2001

I'm thinking that you meant to say that you have a smallblock 8 cylinder Vortec
engine.  If so, you'll need some way to generate a reference pulse for the ecm.
The Vortec engine and OBD II ecm rely on the crankshaft sensor for that.  You
may be able to interface the crank sensor's a/c output with an older HEI module
to use with that new, cool distributor.  The easy way is to use an older
distributor, but then you end up with an order of plug wire spaghetti to go. ;
)  Or you can sit down with someone who likes to spend time at a machine shop
and try to come up with a way to put a signal generator into the Vortec
distributor.

Shannen