cleaning an intake

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Thu Jul 12 17:09:56 GMT 2001

I bought some of this stuff too, it's EXTREMELY dangerous. Don't use it
without proper protection (i.e. gloves, goggles, and at least SOME sort of
respirator!) Definitely do it OUTdoors so you have plenty of ventilation.
This stuff reacts violently with aluminum in full concentrate. Keep a garden
hose with a sprayer on the end VERY close to you when you use it; if you get
any on yourself (or something you don't want it on) just spray it down. It
will dilute it to a safer level. Please, be very careful using this stuff!
Remember, it's HYDROCHLORIC ACID! (Dad mode: OFF)

I agree though, this stuff REALLY works! I think I paid about $2 for a
gallon of it. Look in the swimming pool section of your local hardware store
for it.

"The Third" Ken Kelly

      Muriatic Acid is the best. If using it on Aluminum you should dillute
atleast 50% or it will dis-color badly. If on steel or iron, it works like
magic. That is, like others stated, if there is NO grease what so ever. You
can get it by the Gallon at almost any store with a pool section. It also
works great as a concrete cleaner. As you will find out if you spill any
like
I did!! =) Cheap, something like $4 or less for TWO Gallons.

  Justin
  '88 C4