Names for 8192 baud ALDL frame components?

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Fri Jul 13 10:34:22 GMT 2001

I'm wondering if anyone has seen some original GM documentation that
describes the 8192 baud ALDL frame. I've tentatively labeled the frame
as follows -

     1     2                                   n
 +------+------+------+------+------+--/ /--+------+
 |MODULE|LENGTH| MODE | MSG. | MSG. |       |  CRC |
 |  ID  | +$55 | BYTE |BYTE 2|BYTE 3|       | BYTE |
 +------+------+------+------+------+--/ /--+------+
               [ optional content here ...  ]

I've seen people use "Module ID", "Message ID", "Frame ID" etc. for the
first byte. If anyone has some specific information on what GM calls each
byte, I'd be most appreciative. Also, if you have GM names for any of the
ALDL data structures, such as the I/O Control Block (IOCB ?):

IOCB   dw      $0000           ;pointer to next IOCB or NULL (as shown)
       db      ID_$F4          ;MESSAGE ID
       db      0               ;flags for message action
       db      1               ;message length
       dw      ALDLioBuffer    ;output buffer address
       dw      ALDLioBuffer    ;input buffer address
       dw      ActionProc      ;code to call for this message

Peter.

PS. Apologies in advance for those NOT using a fixed width font.