FreeEdit

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Jul 15 02:27:51 GMT 2001

There are a couple of free editors out there now.  Feel free to make your own,
of course.  But it might be nice to include the work that others have done, i.e.
the .ecu file format used with promedit (and winbin?)  If you're curious about
the free tuners, there are links here.

http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/other_www.html

One of the down sides to multiple bits of tuning software is that the newbies
looking to get their feet wet without spending much $$ will have less available
help.  Sound funny?  If fewer people have used a particular tuning program,
fewer people can offer advice or instruction when problems arise.

But there are plenty of upsides, too.  It might be good to look at the other
free tuners to see where the shortcomings are.  If you're gonna reinvent the
wheel it might as well be a high speed, chrome plated, ultra-fast version.

Shannen