Converting 160 to 8192 baud

Jens Larsen Jens at jenisys.com
Sun Jul 15 16:38:12 GMT 2001

From: "Ludis Langens" <ludis at cruzers.com>

> AFAIK, all the 86-89 TPI ECMs speak both 160 and 8192 baud.  They start
> out in 160 mode.  If the scan tool asks nicely, then the ECM switches to 8192.

Okay, then something is wrong with the software, or cable, or.... I am using.
I'm too busy with this car, a rally car, etc, etc to pursue this right now.

What are my options for purchasing a computer that will plug in and conform to
the following:

1.  no egr
2.  no air pump
3.  used to have automatic, is now a 5 speed

This is a 1986 305 from a TransAm that I have installed into a 1987 RX-7 turbo.

There are NO error codes presently.  I don't want to create problems.  Who
(reputable with warrantee of some sort) to purchase a computer from?  How much?
I want plug and play reliability.

TIA

Jens Larsen