Chevy Swap Questions

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Jul 16 08:49:32 GMT 2001

"Darrell N." wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
>
> > $300 for a TBI?.
> > I hope that's Canadian dollars.  Other wise pass on it.
>
> No, it was 450$ CDN.  But that's for the TB, ECM, wiring harness,
> dissy, and all sensors.  And that was what he quoted over the phone,
> hopefully I can grind 'em down a bit.  Another yard quoted me $75 for
> just the ECM, and $125 for the wiring harness alone.  Still think I should
> pass?

Sounds like that price doesn't include the EFI intake manifold.  If you
are paying serious money (and you are), then the "kit" of parts should
at least also include the intake.

For comparison, I just bought a fuel injected pickup truck big block,
electronic automatic, and limited slip rear end for about $500 US.
That's fan to pumkin cover to brake drum to oil pan to throttle to motor
mount to injector wiring to taillight wiring (except for the driveshaft
and computer).  It is all low mileage, but I have to find someone to
weld a cracked bellhousing.