CrossFire Retrofit (Corvette Fever Article)

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Mon Jul 16 09:32:13 GMT 2001

has passenger car features.

Lean cruise = better MPG? Would the '8746 be more suitable for a
Corvette/F-body CrossFire then? I assume it's just as programmable as the
'7747, and can be tuned for power just as well.....? Tunercat lists it, and
it seems to have just as many parameters listed as the '7747. Once again,
the question is - does the '8746 use the AIR valves and/or cannister purge
valve?

If so, I might be making a trip to the 'yards this week.

'8746 applications that used that pin.  Different ECMs built on the same
PCB might use this output.

I'll just ignore it then.. I put it in my box more out of curiosity than
anything.

Also, is there somewhere I can look up how VATS works, or can someone give
me a quick rundown? (i.e. is it just an input looking for a resistance
value, or what?)

"The Third" Ken Kelly