5 baud ECM?

Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G Webmaster at lotus-carlton.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 13:30:09 GMT 2001

Sounds like the Bosch protocol to me, and what a pain it is. You wake the
unit up with a 5 baud initial handshake word, then talk to it at 9600 baud.
Used on most European GM (Opel/Vauxhall) cars, and not only for ECM's -
Airbag, ABS, AutoTrans, Alarms, the list is endless.

I haven't found anyone who knows how it works, or a cheap DIY style PC scan
tool. Only thing that works is a real Tech1. I'm glad my car is one of the
few with a P4 in it.

Cheers,
Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G