More interesting (I hope?) CrossFire Stuff....

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Mon Jul 16 15:46:00 GMT 2001

Dave, I never actually posted them here. I'm still in the process of testing
everything to make sure it all works. I've hooked all the emissions stuff
(AIR, can purge, etc.) up but I'm not getting any lights on my tattle-tale
box for them. I simply took the '7747 wiring diagram and crossed it with the
CrossFire wiring diagram. I made an Excel spreadsheet that references the
two, so I just sit down for half a day and cross out the numbers as I go
down the list wiring it. For that matter, I have a feeling my 4th gear
switch in my 700R4 isn't working, either. (I'm not getting a light for it.)
I might just have it wired wrong, for all I know at this point.

The "tattle tale" box is simply 6 LED's each with their own current dropping
470 ohm resistor, and each one is wired onto the pigtail directly. I
mistakenly wired it to "battery" when I really should have wired it to
"switched ignition" .. I'll pull it out today and re-wire it accordingly.
(Yes, the LED's have been on all night!)

Peter's ALDL interface is from his 160serial.htm page, using RX instead of
CTS (version 1.5 of his ALDL reader.) I incorporated it into the pigtail
itself so I wouldn't have to run +12v to the laptop's DB9 connector (and
have the electronics flopping around inside the DB9.) Now I just have a
shielded 1-conductor cable with a 1/8" mono jack going to the laptop. It's a
much cleaner installation than what I had before. (Had the +12v running over
to the fuse box under my floor mat!)

When I'm 100% positive it's all working properly, I'll post the wiring
diagrams. So far, I have yet to get a check engine light (other than
startup, when it's supposed to come on.)

Ken