CrossFire/'7747/700R4/4th Gear confusion!

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Mon Jul 16 20:04:55 GMT 2001

Okay, I hooked my tattle-tale box up and figured out that I wasn't getting a
4th gear signal from my transmission. At first I suspected the tranny, but
once I found some other schematics, I realized that I just had it pinned
wrong, so I switched it over to where it *should* be (W22) and now I'm
getting a light while in the first three gears. In 4th gear, the light goes
off (telling me that it's a normally closed switch.) This isn't a problem,
but in TunerCat, I've got my TCC set to lockup at 45 and unlock at 40 when
in 3rd gear, and lockup at 50 and unlock at 45 in 4th gear. Apparently
either the PROM I have is backwards, or TunerCat has it backwards, because
in 3rd gear, it won't lockup until 50 (a little too high) yet 4th gear locks
up at 45. So my question is - should I find a different BIN to work with, or
should I put a relay in the pigtail harness that inverts the output from the
transmission? (I really don't want to dig into the transmission to swap to a
normally open switch!)

"The Third" Ken Kelly