Cold start injector/valve plug? (Indirect ECM related)

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 21:22:36 GMT 2001

In a message dated 7/16/2001 3:43:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
erice at phasei.com writes:

<< I have an 88 corvette, I upgraded the intake manifold and am switching to
89
 code.  Instead of just letting the old cold start injector/valve dangle
 uselessly off the end of the fuel rail, I would like to plug it.  I know
 accel has a block off kit (part#74820), but the cheapest I have found it is
 $60.  Why so much for a plug, and anybody know where I can get one cheaper,
 or make my own?

 Eric >>
 Eric,

Get a 16 mm oil drain plug, saw off the unthreaded part with a hacksaw, and
get a copper washer, 5/8" I think. Then use the washer and plug to plug the
end of the fuel rail. I also used Loctite blue just to make sure. About $5 in
parts at most parts stores.

JW