160 Baud Interface

Darrell N. darrelln at datalog.ab.ca
Mon Jul 16 23:17:55 GMT 2001

All:

I'm trying to get educated about talking to my ECM (747).  I understand
it is 160 baud.  Do I need the PIC based protocol converter (or similar)
to talk to this, or can I just use the transistor or Max232 based level
converter with a laptop?  I tried finding this info on some of the linx on
the GMECM page, but several of the more promising ones are broken -
(FlexScan project, 160 Baud Info, Peter Gargano's page).

And please don't rag on me about reading the archives, I am making an
attempt, but I haven't figured out how to download the dang things so I
can read them at leisure...  Besides, who's got time to go through 20
thousand posts and pan the gold from the gravel...

On another note, there was a few posts about someone who had
uploaded TBI adapter plate drawings a few weeks back, but I can't find
them.  There is no directory called "Incoming" anywhere that I could find
on the FTP site.  Enlighten me...

darrell n
Calgary, Alberta, Canada