Metric/US horsepower?

Gonyou, Jeremy (.) jgonyou at ford.com
Tue Jul 17 12:09:13 GMT 2001

What I use for HP is the 745.7W conversion.  The other one that you see is usually denoted "PS".  I only see this used in weird British magazines.  Of course, I live in the US and am biased towards specific conversions.
As an interesting side note, SAE says that 1 PS is exactly equall to one French  "ch".  Yeah, I can see the French having a hand in this tyranny...

Jeremy