CrossFire/'7747/700R4/4th Gear confusion!

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Tue Jul 17 21:44:10 GMT 2001

ram locations that normally aren't. The list contains
the address of the byte to transmit.

Is there a list somewhere of the RAM locations that can be shown in the ALDL
list?

I flipped bit 5 in location $0007 like you said, after I took a good look at
that page in the HAC. I changed the value from 24h to 04h, and it works
perfectly now. TCC comes on at 45MPH in 3rd gear, just like it should. :)

BTW, my motor is TOTALLY stock (for now.) It has about 75k miles on it, and
was in great running condition before the swap to the '7747. ('82 Corvette.)
I've got a set of L98 (aluminum) heads in the garage, and I'm planning
headers, smoother exhaust, a cam, and several mods to the CrossFire
manifold/TBI combination itself. (Porting the manifold, moving the swirl
plates up further into the lid, 2" TBI's, 5/16" phenolic lid spacer,
injector tower spacer, etc.) I'm choosing a cam that's a little beefier, and
promises about 300-325hp (and that's my realistic number; DD2K shows closer
to 325+hp, but I'm setting hopes low so I'll be pleased in the end,
hopefully.) But, the cam won't be TOO beefy as to cause too much trouble
(and difficulty tuning.) Hence, the '7747 swap FIRST. Also, this way I can
get the hang of tuning with the stock motor, then be able to tune faster
when I get the new motor built and in (hopefully.)

Now it's off to read Bruce's tuning tips and start to get the hang of
tuning!

Ken