CrossFire/'7747

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Tue Jul 17 23:54:58 GMT 2001

>>>>Not worth the effort.
The upper lid spacer is the key, and removing the EGR tunnel.
But making a jig so that the fans ar all at the same angle is critcal, seems
like every lid I bought used someone dropped and mangled at least 2 fins.
224@ .50" 470" lift was fun.
Bruce

Thanks, Bruce. I appreciate the wisdom on this. (I know you've done a ton
with it.) I do plan to at least grind out a little (at least that lip) on
the swirl plates. Several members of my board have reported gains from that
(albeit SOP.)

The cam I'm looking at is 204/214 at .050" and .420"/.443" lift, with 112LCA.
Should be a relatively decent cam? Not quite as beefy as the one you had,
but definitely better than stock. (The other choice was 214/224 at .050",
.443"/.465" lift.)

I have some 5/16" phenolic that I'll be using as a lid spacer. I've already
made one for a friend, and his works great.

With the L98 Vette heads, some Dynomax headers, you can see why I chose to
go ahead and upgrade to the '7747. (That and I've been working on this for
some time!)

"The Third" Ken Kelly