CrossFire/'7747

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Wed Jul 18 19:49:05 GMT 2001

It's the stock 350 right now, but will have L98 aluminum heads (I already
have them in the garage, going to do some mild porting, mostly cleanup on
them) and plan on ceramic coated headers, maybe even gutting the cat and
definitely new mufflers (Ravin's, most likely.) Remember too, that the
CrossFire is fairly restrictive over 4500 RPM (even well ported,) so I'm
really looking to keep a nice torque curve from there and below, where 99.9%
of my driving is done.

Also keep in mind that this is my daily driver, and I'd like to keep it
fairly mild mannered, but with a lot more oomph than it has now. I'm not
sure that going to the next step up (214/224 at .050") would gain me much,
since most of my driving isn't done in that range, nor is it going to be
very effective in a mild CrossFire build.

However, I do have plans to throw an Offenhauser CrossRam into my '73
Corvette, with either a Holley 4bbl or twin GM 2bbl TBI's on top - the
214/224 would make a lot more sense in that. (Along with a 383, as well.)
But, that project is a long way off.

Just as you said "it all depends what you're after" .... :)

BTW, I'm VERY interested in your project with your CrossFire!

"The Third" Ken Kelly