CrossFire/'7747

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Thu Jul 19 00:42:29 GMT 2001

You, my friend, are nuts. :D (I mean that in the most sincere and friendly
way!) LOL! Yes, I'm the one that hosts the CrossFire Vault. Between me and
"Twinnie" we keep it up and running. I wrote most of the original stuff (the
"FAQ") and Twinnie has done the rest. You've got an interesting project
there, but I can tell you from experience.. watch out with the JB Weld.. it
can lead to the dark side! (I catch hell for using the stuff, but it works
so damn well!) Hopefully it won't leak or give you trouble. I've had it crap
out on me before. (Different circumstances, though.) I've also had it hold
up forever, too.

BTW, please keep me posted on your project.. I'm very interested in how it
turns out!

"The Third" Ken Kelly

   Well, I've been keeping most of what I'm doing under wraps, but I'm
letting people know where they can see how I've gutted and rebuilt my
Crossfire manifold. The result is a 45% increase in runner size, and still
keeping most of the manifold anti-reversion capability. See my insanity at
http://www.newcovenant.com/firebird/slideshows/cfsurgery/
   Next step is a 1" spacer for the lid, and modify the lid to take the two
2-barrel TBI's. Planning on a pair from 2.8-litre V6 Blazers ('87-'89
models, I believe). Rated at 300 cfm, a pair should give me the exact flow
capacity the engine will want.
   I did all this while keeping in mind that I may have to resort to an
Edelbrock dual-quad manifold if it doesn't work well or doesn't deliver what
I'm after. But then it wouldn't be a Crossfire any more.
   The very last modification, if it works out, will be some custom bumper
decals in the original style, but saying something like "2X2 Crossfire
Injection."

Dave Haggard
   1988 Formula Firebird
   305 2 X 2-bbl CFI (under construction)