Another Casualty

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Jul 20 01:55:55 GMT 2001

Wow!
I've seen this happen to Ford cars, but I've never seen it happen to... (fill in
the blank)

Battery power present at ecm?  Fusible links like to fail on restarts,
'specially if the cooling fan or other high current device was on and on the
same circuit.

Sometimes the cooling fan relays can cause the quad drivers to have issues.
Other devices hooked to the quad drivers can cause failure, too.  See if it's
fine tomorrow am, then bad again later in the day.

Also, never hurts to try the infamous GM tap test.  No hammers please.
Shannen