Need info for 1228062 on 4.3l V6

Kristopher Means kmeans at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 22 17:19:58 GMT 2001

After lurking and trying to absorb as much as I can, I decided it's time
to see what I can do with my truck.  So I yanked my ECM and this is what
I found -

I've got a 1228062 ECM in my 1988 GMC S15 Jimmy, 4.31 V6, 700R4.  The BCC
is an ANKB4987 -

    http://holman.cs.uml.edu/~sdurphey/bccfind/bccweb.cgi?BCC=ankb

The ECM ID is $4E.

Unfortunately there's not much info on this ECM on the GMECM web site or
FTP server.  Does anyone have anything on the 062?  Has anyone made changes
to their '88/'89 S10?  Does anyone have a $4E Definition File for Tunercat?
Or even completed .bin files?

Burning and editing eproms is no problem for me, but I need to know what to
edit.  ;->  Also, is there a source for more of those little black plastic
carriers that my current 2732A eprom is held in?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-- Kris