128838 ANFK ECM infos????

Volker Volker at VWSoft.com
Tue Jul 24 07:52:46 GMT 2001

 >>What you may want to do is swap in a 1227747 for re-tuning. The
pinouts are very nearly identical.

hmm, I don't think just 'nearly identical' pinouts won't do it (we're
speaking of a piece of silicium with software in it, aren't we?).

But I don't think swapping the unit will be my favor. What if
Christopher Columbus thought the same way (to take the route to India
everybody already knew). Perhaps America would have never been
discovered up to these days! *bg*

No, I'll walk the stony road and try to discover that working unit.

Thanks,

Volker

At 2001-07-24 01:17, you wrote:
<< Volker wrote:

  > Hi folks!
  >
  > I've got an Isuzu Rodeo 1992 3.1l V6 which is being operated by a
  > 122838 (ANFK) ECM (I don't know if it important but this one is
  > controlling a Model 220 TBI).
  >
  > This ECM does have a 12 Pin GM connector with pins A, B and E
  > connected (other connectors are missing).
  >
  > Does anybody have some information about that ECM? I'm highly
  > interested in the serial data stream protocol at ALDL. Also I don't
  > have any info at all whether or not this ECM is supporting the 160
  > baud or 8192 baud interface (it's my guess that it's the 160 baud
I/F
  > because I found the pin E to drive the 160 baud line at all
documents
  > I found on the net).
  >
  > The same ECM has been widely used in GM cars (years 1988 to 1993 or
  > so), for example Pontiac, Chevrolet and GMC cars should have the
same
  > ECM.
  >
  > Again, does anybody have some (or lots! *s*) information about it?
  > want to build a scan tool for it or find a working one but w/o any
  > knowlegde of the device..... you know!?
  >
  > Thanks,
  >
  > Volker
  >
  > Volker    /    >>

My Actron III scantool works with this ECM part # using the 1989
Camaro 5.0L
setting. My dad has a 1991 Rodeo. What you may want to do is swap in a

1227747 for re-tuning. The pinouts are very nearly identical.

JW

- -
- -
- - ----
To unsubscribe from gmecm, send "unsubscribe gmecm" (without the
quotes)
in the body of a message (not the subject) to
majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org