de 730 Speedo re-cal

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Sun Jun 17 06:31:16 GMT 2001

While we're talking VSS / SPeedo / Calcs...

I just went thru an exercise over several days. I have my T56 trans (swap in
a 92 replacing a T-5) 40 pulse-per DS-rev signal dialed in for the ECM *AND*
for the 92 speedo, using NO aftermarket devices.. chip params only.

There is a hardware divider in there, uses the SCI. (axxc, and I'm sure
others) seperate scaler for the ECM and for the speedo.

I heavily searched the ECM and EFI archives and was suprised to find nothing
on this except "you have to buy a convertor"

Here's anyone's chance to splain the role of 8014h (8D), and why certain
values are BAD to be there.

If this is a big secret, do it private.. but I have it figgered out all by
myself and am going public ;-)

-Dave Z

89 Iroc - '730 - 383 large tube MAP TPI, ZZ3 cam ,dry NOS 50 shot.
12.79 @106 / 12.08 @ 112.   www.delanet.com/~tgp
92 25th annev convertible  305 / T56.  268 mph in a perfect vacuum.