New L88?

Gonyou, Jeremy (.) jgonyou at ford.com
Mon Jun 18 13:01:36 GMT 2001

Ouch.  The thing is that the 4.6 is by no means a benchmark.  Check out the Lexus V8s.  Remember the ZR1?  Imagine if Honda made a VTec V8 out of 2 prelude engines ... 400 hp out of 4.4 liters.

But I don't think we have to fear a LPE option in the new vettes.  There's an article in the current Car and Driver about these engines.  It's actually a bored and stroked 350 as opposed to the old big block 427 from golden years.  Anyway, I have a hard time seeing GM selling LPE engines (should be the other way around).

Jeremy