DIY EFI on 400ci smallblock?/ANHT

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Wed Jun 20 05:16:33 GMT 2001

In the interst of discussion I disagree. a comparison of the data area has
about a hundred differences, code area comes out shifted (when compiled from
the source, ANHT has some MORE code in areas than AUJP.. therefore common
routines are still there in both cals, but the start point for the routine
may be more than one byte off in start location) and different in many
places. in fact, the thing that has stumbles many a TPI F-car A4 tuner using
AUJP is that they followed the ANHT hac locations.. which SHOULD be the same
in the DATA area, but looking at the ANHT DOC, the addresses are a bit
skewed in places.. some skewing is the result of mistakes in the document,
some is real. an example is the RPM limiter. look at the addresses in the
code section and count the bytes between the settings... see?

other examples: 8031 (double entry), 81c7(FDB with no companion byte),
3f9  - which is shown as RPM FUEL RETURN.. if you use this one as a 16 bit
value, it won't give the results you expect. the address is shifted by one
bit. rev limiter works much better if the correct location is used (did
anyone give up on the rev limiter after being sent a ECU file from a 'some
very smart guy on the net' with the wrong location???  well I say try
GMEPRO.. its always correct ;-)... or you can roll your own like me ;-P.

... hope some eyes are opened. I also hope I do not have some corrupted
version of ANHT.. thats possible I guess.

Budha bless the ANHT doc! it is responsible for more fun than a barrel of
monkies but buyer beware.

and I still don't know what is different.. is there a different A.I.R.
system?  I knew once but I guess I forget.