New L88?

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Tue Jun 19 14:30:16 GMT 2001

> And don't forget torque.  That's what seperates the LS1 from the
> "high-tech" stuff.  What torque at what rpm would the theoretical Honda
> V8 produce?  Torque is what makes the LS1/6 fuel economical.

Finally, somebody remembered to mention torque, the LS1 is just sooo easy to
drive thanks to the torque.
You can putt around town under 2000RPM and keep up with everybody no probs.
And with fuel economy figures comparable to the 3800 V6's from the 90's it's
just another bonus.
Just because it will rev to 9,000RPM (VTEC), doesn't mean it's nice to drive
everyday...It scares me to think the tacho must swing around to 4500RPM for
'normal' driving.
Oh yeah, ever looked at a Denshigiken (Honda) ECM, yuk.

Ross Myers